Prep Time: 15-30 minutes (depends on prepping onions and cauliflower rice– could be prepped on a different day)
Cook Time: 60-70 minutes (depends on heat up and pressure release in pot)
- 2-3 cups diced pineapple (fresh is best)
- 3 pounds chicken breast or thighs (without skin) — note: frozen or thawed work with this recipe
- 1 cup diced yellow or white onion
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1-2 tbs ginger powder
- 1 tbs turmeric powder
- 1-2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 lime (juice squeezed)
- 1 can coconut milk (only the white milk part)
- 2-3 tbs arrowroot starch (not essential)
- 3-4 cups of cauliflower rice
- Prepare onions by dicing and sautéing on stovetop or in the Instant Pot / Express Cooker on “sauté” or “bown” until golden brown.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot / Express Cooker. Add pineapple, onions, sea salt, pepper, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, and turmeric. Depending on the amount of ‘kick’ you want, you can add more garlic, ginger, 1/2 squeezed lime juice, and coconut milk.
Seal lid and set to “Meat / Stew” or “Manual” cooking timer to 30 minutes (35 minutes for frozen chicken). Once finished, release pressure according to cooker’s instructions.
Move chicken and pineapple to a plate, but leave the coconut milk and liquid inside pot to add arrowroot starch to thicken the liquid. Slowly sift in starch while stirring and let thicken for 5 minutes. Add more starch if you want a thicker sauce. Squeeze additional lime juice in sauce. Taste to add more salt, pepper, garlic, or ginger as desired.
Shred chicken and add to plate with pineapple and a side (or base) of cauliflower rice.
Pour sauce from pot on top of chicken, pineapple, and cauliflower rice.
Enjoy!! Put leftovers in the fridge. Not sure how long it will last because I ate it all by the next day!
Note: This same recipe could be made on the stovetop by boiling the chicken for 45-60 minutes, until shreddable, and heating the other ingredients in a pot at a long simmer (45 minutes) to make the sauce.
Note: I have a Crockpot Express Cooker. No affiliation, just like it a lot!
One thought on “Pineapple Chicken (Instant Pot / Express Cooker / Paleo / AIP)”
I want to try to make this one thanks for guide