Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 8 biscuits
Texture: crumbly, but not try
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour Mix (or almond flour should work too)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil or melted ghee could also work)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, turmeric, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, eggs, and maple syrup.
- Add and mix dry ingredients into wet until dough forms.
- Use your hands to form the dough into round biscuits, about 2 inches wide to make medium sized biscuits. Place on a lined baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper. The dough should be slightly sticky on your fingers and as your squeeze and roll it in your hands, it sticks together to form the biscuits. These don’t get expand much while in the oven, so the size you make them on the pan is the size they will be when the come out.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are slightly browned on the bottom edges. Keep an eye on them not to burn!
- Serve warm with ghee and a little salt or dip them in soup! Or mix some herbs into extra virgin olive oil (so yummy!!!)
I absolutely adore the color these biscuits turn out with the turmeric and almond flour, they look pink! They are a great treat that keeps my gut feeling good. Enjoy!
Note: If you’d like to make the biscuits more savory, you can add flavors like garlic and onion powder to the mix (not low FODMAP approved) or herbs like sage, rosemary, oregano, basil, etc.