- 2-3 cups base (any mix of spring mix, spinach, kale, arugula)
- 1 cup fruit (any mix of strawberries, blue berries, mango, etc. — don’t recommend bananas or apples if you’re packing the salad in advance)
- 3-4 tbs seeds (any mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken (omit for vegan option)
- 1/2 cup simple tahini salad dressing
- Add base along with toppings to a bowl / plate if you’re going to enjoy right away! If you’re packing, I suggest keeping fruit, chicken, and avocado separate from the base in case any spoilage of the toppings gets in the way. For the avocado, I tend to bring it with me and cut it up to add to the salad right before I eat it so it doesn’t turn brown throughout the day.
Growing up, I always though salads were iceberg lettuce with sliced tomatoes and maybe ranch dressing? The thought of it turns my stomach in the worst way. Worst thing was that they never made me feel full. Today, my focus is on nutritious food that truly fuels me to last throughout the day. I started experimenting with salads a few weeks ago and now I eat at least one per day, sometimes two! I feel incredibly satisfied by this salad by making sure that I add enough of the base and toppings to make it filling. Best part is that each day can be a little different by mixing up the toppings I add, which means I don’t ever get a boring salad! I actually crave this each morning when I wake up. When did I become a vegetable loving adult??